The general election is Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Thank you for your support!
You may vote early from October 5 to November 2 either by mail or in person at the County Auditor’s office.
- The Secretary of State announced his office would mail absentee ballot request forms to all registered voters in late August. If you don’t want to wait, you can download and print the absentee ballot request form (PDF) yourself.
- Mail or drop off completed absentee ballot request form to your County Auditor (earliest date to do this is July 6). NOTE: In the ID section, enter either your driver’s license (or non-operator ID) number OR the 4-digit PIN found on your Voter Identification Card (do not use your Social Security Number).
- Starting October 5, the County Auditor will mail absentee ballots to voters who have requested them.
- Complete your ballot and mail it to your County Auditor in the envelope provided (you may also drop off the ballot).
- Track your ballot (date request received, date ballot sent by Auditor, date ballot received by Auditor).
Vote on Election Day
On Election Day, vote in person at the polling place for your current residence. Your polling place may have changed from previous elections, so be sure to confirm the correct location.
Need to Register or Update Your Voter Registration?
- You can register to vote, or update your voter registration, online though Iowa DOT.
- You can also download the voter registration form and return it to your County Auditor (mail or drop off).
- You can also register in person on Election Day at the polling location for your current residence.
Not sure if your voter registration is current? Verify your registration.
earliest day to request absentee ballot
earliest day to vote early (County Auditor begins mailing absentee ballots to voters who have requested one)
deadline to return absentee ballot request (must be received in Auditor’s office by 5 PM)
postmark date for absentee ballots returned by mail
111 E 4th St
PO Box 549
Vinton, IA 52349
Curbside voting is available on the north (3rd Street) side of the Courthouse.
A locked dropbox for voter registration forms and absentee ballot request forms is located on the west side of the courthouse. If dropping off an absentee ballot, tell security that you are delivering election materials to the County Auditor, then proceed to the 2nd floor.
970 Court Ave (East Annex)
Marengo, IA 52301
Curbside voting is available in front of the East Annex.
You may drop off voter registration forms, absentee ballot request forms, and absentee ballots at the front desk in the Auditor’s office.